The Elfors Family

The Elfors Family

Thursday, November 4, 2010

STRESSOR

I had to take a stress test in my FCHD class and a normal stress score was below 300. I was 331, which according to the results is dangerously high. My book talked about how stress can affect your body and your life. I can definately say i can agree with that. I can tell a big difference in my health and my mood when i don't have so much going on. I decided i need to try to make this change. Lately i have been stressed beyond belief with work, school and remodeling our house, luckily we are almost done with the house so after we move i will have a lot less to be stressed about. I am very happy we decided to remodel our house and it is going to be a good investment for us but it has been very hard work! Work has been a little difficult lately. I think i am just getting kind of burnt out. I would love to go part time in the future. I really like my job and i love assisting our patients but it is starting to get old... this is why i need to get my degree! School has been fine, just another thing to add to the load. I really love, love, love school but it's very hard when i have so many other things to do. The point of this post is to vent a little bit (because i know gar gets kind of sick of listening to it) but also to promise myself that i will try harder to destress my life. Stressing out is not going to solve any of my problems. Every night i have been taking time to go for a walk with my dog, spend some time with my hubby and RELAX! I know this sounds stupid but i have also been lighting lavender candles and putting lavender and chamomile lotion on before bed. Lavender is supposed to help you relax and feel sleepy. I am not 100% sure it works but it seems to be helping, plus it smells really good. Thanks for listening to me vent! It's nice to write my frustrations down sometimes! Hopefully after we move in things will start slowing down and we can relax and enjoy the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers