The Elfors Family

The Elfors Family

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

SPRING???

I am hoping it is safe to say that we won't be getting anymore snow this year! Hopefully i don't jinx us! I am so thankful that it was nice last weekend because i worked my butt off in our yard! Our yard needed some MAJOR work when we bought the house and i was so excited to fix it! I am not so excited about it anymore. On saturday my mom and i worked for almost 6 hours in my front flowerbeds! Last summer we ripped out these hideous bushes that were in the flowerbeds so we had to weed and pull out all of the remaining roots! Can i just say i dont think i hate anything more in the world than weeding! I was almost in tears and seriously considering hiring someone to do it for me! lol. If it wasn't for my awesome mom who helped so much i would have given up! After we were done weeding we got to the fun part! We planted some perennials and lined the flowerbeds with this cute white fencing! I also got these adorable solar lights to put in the flowerbeds! The flowerbeds still need some work, but i need to wait until it gets a little warmer so i can plant some annuals. Even Garrett complimented the garden and said it looks great, which really isn't like him because he is very oblivious to that kind of stuff! lol. I also got sunburnt!!! It was hurting but it was a good hurt! I love the feeling that the sun was actually out! We also got our gravel for our driveway this week! Sounds super boring, i know! But i never knew i could be so dang excited about gravel! It makes the yard look so much better!

Speaking of spring, i made some cute spring/easter crafts a while ago that i havn't posted yet so here they are...




Today is my first week of working PART TIME!!! I will say i'm not even sure what to do! lol. I don't start school full time until mid-may so i am going to have some extra time on my hands. I'm sure i will find many things to keep me busy though. I have my finals coming up in a couple weeks so wish me luck! I am watching Good Things Utah right now while blogging! I love that show, they have the cutest ideas. I would always wished i could watch it when i caught glimpses of it at work but never had time! I'm sure it won't last long though! As much as i hate the cold weather i am thankful for the rain and the moisture! Hopefully it doesn't last too long though :)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I feel the exact same way, our yard needs SO much work and I kept thinking I couldn't wait to do it, but once it was actually time and I got into, I realized how much work its going to take. If we had the extra money, I'd totally be hiring some boys to weed and pull everything out so I can start fresh!

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers